FILE PHOTO: A general view shows part of the capital Bangui, Central African Republic, February 16, 2016. Picture taken on February 16, 2016. REUTERS/Siegfried Modola/File Photo
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Juan Branco signed on with the U.N. mission, known as MINUSCA, on May 15 to advise a new Special Criminal Court charged with investigating war crimes and crimes against humanity.The United Nations said at the time that the people they killed had been armed by criminal gangs.In an email to a U.N. legal officer contesting his firing, Branco accused MINUSCA of trying to cover up a massacre.He said the firing was motivated by a letter he wrote to the court's special prosecutor and MINUSCA's top judicial affairs officer the day before saying it was possible the court would investigate alleged crimes by U.N. peacekeepers.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE