BEIRUT

World

Officials: 2 dead in suicide attack in Afghanistan

Afghan security forces arrive at the site of an attack in the city of Jalalabad August 30, 2014. REUTERS/Parwiz

KABUL, Afghanistan: An official says a suicide bomber targeting an intelligence office in eastern Afghanistan killed at least two people.

Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, a spokesman for the Nangahar governor, said that early Saturday a truck packed with explosives blew up at the gate of the Jalalabad office of the National Directorate of Security, killing at least two people.

Najibullah Kamawal, the top provincial health official, said six bodies had been brought to the hospital.

Conflicting death tolls are common in the immediate aftermath of such bombings.

Kamawal said 45 people were wounded in the attack.

 

Recommended

Advertisement

Comments

Your feedback is important to us!

We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.

Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.

Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)

comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement

FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE

Interested in knowing more about this story?

Click here