A photo taken on December 2, 2014 shows the bodies of some of the victims of an attack on quarry workers near the town of Mandera, northern Kenya, along the border with Somalia. AFP PHOTO/STRINGER
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Kenya's interior minister and police chief were removed from their posts Tuesday, hours after Somalia's Shebab rebels carried out a fresh massacre in the northeast of the country.The Shebab said in a statement that their latest cross-border attack was fresh retaliation for Kenya's 2011 invasion and continued presence in Somalia, as well as its treatment of Muslims in the troubled port city of Mombasa.The attack came just over a week after the Shebab executed 28 people grabbed from a bus traveling from Mandera, a border town located on the frontier between Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia, and the group vowed to conduct more "uncompromising, relentless and ruthless" attacks.Kenyatta, however, said Kenyan troops would stay put in Somalia, where they are now part of an African Union forces battling the Shebab and supporting the war-torn country's internationally-backed government.The Kenyan government has been under fire since last year's Shebab attack on the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi, in which at least 67 people were killed in a siege involving just four gunmen and which lasted four days.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE