German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble speaks with the media as he arrives for a meeting of Eurogroup finance ministers at the EU Council building in Brussels, Monday, Feb. 16, 2015. (AP Photo/Virginia Mayo)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Germany rejected a request by Athens Thursday for a six-month extension to its EU loan program, hitting hopes that Europe and Greece can find a solution to a bitter debt row.Greece made a formal request for a loan extension from eurozone finance ministers Thursday, which leaked reports said contained at least some concessions by Athens.Germany rejects offering Greece more time outside the current arrangement, especially regarding the austerity commitments.Greece has proposed to stick to 70 percent of the existing bailout program but would overhaul the remaining 30 percent which it sees as damaging to growth and toxic for ordinary Greeks.Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis insisted Greece and the eurozone were "on the right path".
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE