President Barack Obama asks for his coat back after feeling the cold air prior to his departure on Air Force One at Forbes Field in Topeka, Kansas, Thursday, Jan. 22, 2015 (AP Photo/The Topeka Capital-Journal, Chris Neal)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
President Barack Obama's administration has quietly abandoned a proposal it had been considering to put raw U.S. telephone call data collected by the National Security Agency under non-governmental control, several U.S. security officials said.The Obama administration has decided, however, that the option of having a private third party collect and retain the telephone metadata is unworkable for both legal and practical reasons.An alternative proposal, which U.S. officials said the administration is still considering, would have telecommunications firms collect and retain such data.The law which NSA has cited to authorize its bulk collection of U.S. telephone metadata expires in June.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE