WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange gestures during a press conference inside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London August 18, 2014. (AFP Photo/John Stillwell)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
WikiLeaks Monday accused Internet giant Google of handing over the emails and electronic data of its senior staff to the U.S. authorities, and not notifying them for almost three years.It was acting on warrants that reveal the U.S. Department of Justice investigation into WikiLeaks for leaking hundreds of thousands of classified documents is far broader than it has previously admitted, the whistleblowing site said.WikiLeaks said that Google could and should have challenged the warrants, and also complains that it did not inform those targeted immediately.The information was handed over to the U.S. authorities on April 5, 2012, but Google did not inform them until December 23, 2014, according to documents obtained by AFP.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE