In this Wednesday, June 17, 2015 file photo, a worker measures near the remaining wood from an apartment building balcony that collapsed in Berkeley, Calif. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu, File)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Prosecutors have launched an investigation into the deadly balcony collapse in Berkeley, California last week that killed five Irish students and an American friend, a district attorney official said on Wednesday.Berkeley city officials announced on Tuesday that criminal charges were not expected, but Alameda County deputy District Attorney Teresa Drenick told Reuters in an email late on Wednesday that prosecutors continued to investigate.The San Francisco Chronicle newspaper reported on Wednesday, citing anonymous sources, that Berkeley officials would join the probe, despite previously saying charges were not anticipated.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE