A teaddy bear is placed next to wreckage at the site of the downed Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, near the village of Hrabove (Grabovo) in Donetsk region, eastern Ukraine September 9, 2014. REUTERS/Marko Djurica
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Dutch prosecutor leading the investigation into the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 over Ukraine last year said Tuesday he was confident of concluding his investigation successfully but was not yet ready to issue arrest warrants."We are not yet far enough that we have formal suspects identified or are ready to arrest suspects," said Fred Westerbeke, leading the international investigation.He said based on the pace of the inquiry and the evidence gathered so far he was "confident" that suspects would eventually be brought before a judge.Westerbeke said a tribunal may be the best option because it would have widespread, international backing.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE