Jalisco State Governor Aristoteles Sandoval speaks to the press after a meeting with relatives of Mexican tourists attacked in Egypt in Guadalajara, Mexico on September 14, 2015. AFP PHOTO/HECTOR GUERRERO
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said Tuesday that embassy personnel in Egypt have identified six more bodies as those of Mexican citizens killed in air attack by Egyptian police and military forces.The deaths of two Mexicans had earlier been confirmed, bringing the total number of Mexicans killed to eight.Six other Mexicans were injured in the attack. There were 14 or 15 Mexicans who traveling on a desert oasis tour at the time.Egyptian forces hunting militants in the country's western desert mistakenly opened fire on several vehicles used by Mexican tourists, killing 12 people on Sunday.Foreign Relations Secretary Claudia Ruiz Massieu called the aerial attack "an unjustified aggression".The sister of one of the Mexican tourists killed said her brother, Luis Barajas Fernandez, 49, had been visiting Egypt for the first time.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE