Police stand watch during a standoff outside of a house in Strathroy, Ontario, Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2016. (Geoff Robins/The Canadian Press via AP)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A Canadian man previously banned from associating with ISIS extremists has been killed as Canada's national police force thwarted what they believed was a suicide bomb plot, a senior police official said.Driver was under a court order from earlier this year to not associate with any terrorist organization, including ISIS.Driver was first picked up in Winnipeg in June 2015 .He said the RCMP, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service and other police and security agencies were involved in the operation. He also said the national terrorism threat level for Canada remains at "medium," where it has stood since the fall of 2014 .
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE