US President Barack Obama speaks during a meeting with members of his national security team on cybersecurity on February 9, 2016 in the Roosevelt Room of the White House in Washington, DC. / AFP / Mandel Ngan
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
President Barack Obama is proposing about $200 million in new military spending to confront ISIS in north and west Africa, U.S. defense officials said ahead of Tuesday's budget rollouts for the next fiscal year.The proposed increase in U.S. defense spending for north and west Africa is a component of a larger $7.5 billion Pentagon request for fiscal year 2017 to counter ISIS.U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter last week announced his intention to ramp up spending to counter ISIS as he unveiled the broad details of Obama's proposed $582.7 billion defense budget.The U.S. officials also said some of the $7.5 billion would go toward training and equipping Iraqi forces and fighters in Syria to counter ISIS.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE