Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro speaks during a press conference after reshuffling his cabinet, at Miraflores presidential palace in Caracas on January 6, 2016. AFP PHOTO / PRESIDENCIA
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro said Thursday that three people had died of complications linked to the mosquito-borne Zika virus and that suspected cases of Zika had risen to 5,221 .Brazil said Thursday that three people who died last year had the Zika virus, although authorities could not confirm that Zika alone was responsible for their deaths."We have 319 confirmed cases, of which unfortunately 68 presented complications and we've had three deaths due to Zika nationally," Maduro said during a broadcast on state television.He did not provide details of the deaths and did not mention the number of pregnant women thought to have the virus.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE