Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic addresses a press conference in Belgrade on February 20, 2016. AFP / ANDREJ ISAKOVIC
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Pentagon on Wednesday disputed claims that two kidnapped Serbian diplomats were killed in a US air strike on an ISIS compound in Libya.However, Belgrade said the strike's victims also included two officials from Serbia's embassy in Libya, Sladjana Stankovic and Jovica Stepic, who had been taken hostage in the area in November.Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis said an extensive analysis of surveillance of the ISIS compound and a review of photos posted online of the two Serbians' bodies yielded no evidence the man and woman were killed in the strike.On Saturday, a day after the strike, Serbia blamed America for killing the two hostages, and Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic later said the pair would have been released, had they not been killed.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE