A lock icon, signifying an encrypted Internet connection, is seen on an Internet Explorer browser. REUTERS/Mal Langsdon
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The U.S. government said Friday it was revamping its background check process for federal employees and contractors with a more secure database, following a major hack disclosed last year.A new government entity will be created to conduct the checks, and the Department of Defense will provide security for the data gathered in the process, officials said.The announcement came in response to disclosures last year that hackers accessed some 20 million personnel records for U.S. government employees and contractors, including sensitive personal data in some cases gathered from background checks.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE