French soldiers of the aerial detachment of the Operation Barkhane stand guard near a Reaper drone about to take off from the Nigerian military airport Diori Hamani in Niamey on January 2, 2015. AFP PHOTO / DOMINIQUE FAGET
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Nigeria's former highest-ranking air force officer is being questioned as part of an investigation into the alleged diversion of funds intended to fight Boko Haram, a source close to the probe said Thursday.A statement from President Muhammadu Buhari's office on Jan. 15 said the EFCC probe into alleged weapons procurement fraud had been widened to include 17 former or serving high-ranking officers.They included the former chief of defence staff, Alex Badeh, whom Buhari replaced last year, it added.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE