Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai speaks prior to a press conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Thursday, March 3, 2016. (AP Photo/Joshua Paul)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Australian and Malaysian officials were moving to retrieve and examine suspected aircraft wreckage found on the east African coast to determine whether it came from missing flight MH370, Malaysia's transport minister said Thursday.The one-meter long (three-foot) piece of debris found on a Mozambique beach could provide fresh clues into the mystery of the Malaysia Airlines flight, which disappeared two years ago.Transport Minister Darren Chester of Australia, which is leading a vast oceanic search for wreckage, said the debris would be transferred to Australia to be examined by officials and experts, including from Boeing.Mozambique aviation authorities displayed the recovered fragment for the first time on Thursday in Maputo and said they were communicating with Malaysia and Australia over sending the piece for analysis.Liow said officials from Australia's embassy in Mozambique had been dispatched to retrieve the new object.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE