In this image provided from the Australian Broadcasting corporation video, emergency personnel work the scene on Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2016. (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) via AP Photo)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A man "inspired by" the Islamic state group was Sunday charged with committing an act of terror over a stabbing attack that Australian police called the "new face of terrorism".The man, named in local media as Ihsas Khan, was charged with committing a terrorist act and attempted murder after the alleged attack on a 59-year-old man in the southwest Sydney suburb of Minto Saturday.The attacker -- who was refused bail after a court appearance Sunday -- was not believed to be connected to any terrorist groups known to police, Burn said, but stressed that the type of threat he posed was a new challenge to authorities.Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull last week said the threat of a terror attack in the nation was "real" after IS' call to followers to target prominent Australian locations.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE