People gather around flowers and candles at Las Ramblas the day after a van crashed into pedestrians in Barcelona, Spain, August 18, 2017. REUTERS/Sergio Perez
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Spain mounted a sweeping anti-terror operation on Friday after a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds in Barcelona, killing 13 people before fleeing, in what police suspect was one of multiple planned attacks.Police said the Cambrils incident was linked to the van attack in Barcelona.Before the van ploughed into the tree-lined walkway of Las Ramblas, one person was killed in an explosion in a house in a separate town southwest of Barcelona, police said. It was still not clear how many people had been involved in the van attack and other incidents on Thursday.It was the deadliest attack in Spain since March 2004, when Islamist militants placed bombs on commuter trains in Madrid, killing 191 people and wounding more than 1,800 .Authorities in Vic, a small town outside Barcelona, said a van had been found there in connection with the attack.Before Thursday's attack, government data showed that police had arrested 11 suspected extremists in the Barcelona area so far this year, more than anywhere else in Spain.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE