Philippine soldiers ride on a military vehicle while government forces continue their assault against insurgents from the Maute group, in Marawi, Philippines June 26, 2017. (REUTERS/Jorge Silva)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Philippines public prosecutor's office said it would seek murder charges Friday against three anti-narcotics policemen whose killing of a high school student last week has triggered rare public outrage about the country's fierce war on drugs.The death of 17-year-old Kian Loyd delos Santos on Aug. 16 in a rundown area of Manila has drawn huge domestic attention to allegations by activists that police have been systematically executing suspected users and dealers, a charge that authorities deny.PAO and police pathologists who did separate autopsies told a Senate hearing that delos Santos was shot from above, from close range.The complaint, if accepted, would follow at least two cases filed last year against police over President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs, which has killed thousands of Filipinos, outraged human rights groups and alarmed Western governments.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE