Police officers stand guard at a police cordon next to Buckingham Palace following an incident where a man armed with a knife was arrested outside the palace following a disturbance in London on August 26, 2017. AFP / CHRIS J RATCLIFFE
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
British police investigating Friday's sword attack outside Buckingham Palace in London arrested a second man Sunday, as the world-famous Notting Hill Carnival kicked off under increased security measures.It came hours after Daesh (ISIS) claimed responsibility for Friday's knife attack on patrolling soldiers in Brussels.Police said the man, who comes from Luton, some 50 kilometers north of London, had repeatedly shouted "Allahu akbar" and was incapacitated with CS gas.Security measures in the British capital were stepped up to protect the hundreds of thousands of revelers expected to flock to the Notting Hill Carnival, Europe's biggest street festival, which kicked off Sunday.At a briefing ahead of the two-day event, police said they had no intelligence to suggest it could be the target of a terror attack, and said the number of police officers on site would be the same as last year.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE