In this image supplied by MSF, a child lays wounded after a military sir strike on a camp for displaced people in Rann, Nigeria, Tuesday Jan. 17, 2017. (Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) via AP)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Over 70 people were killed in Tuesday's accidental Nigerian Air Force strike on a refugee camp and more than 100 were wounded, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement said Wednesday.It added at least 46 severely injured people remain in a refugee camp that Nigeria's military says it mistakenly bombed, raising the possibility that the death toll could significantly rise.Nigeria's military said it had been trying to target Boko Haram fighters.Nigeria's presidency said a delegation was on the way to Rann, and a separate statement said military aircraft were taking the wounded to Maiduguri, with 29 people already being treated there.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE