Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A 31-year-old man on a jihadist watchlist rammed a car loaded with guns and a gas bottle into a police van on the Champs-Elysees on Monday but inflicted no casualties, in the latest of a string of attacks in Paris, sources said.The attack -- which occurred just a short distance from where a jihadist shot dead a police officer, two months earlier -- was carried out by an individual who had been on France's security watchlist since 2015 for membership of "the radical Islamist movement," sources close to the probe said.Police closed two of the Metro stations on the Champs-Elysees, but two hours after the attack tourists were back taking selfies of the Arc de Triomphe and visiting shops.The attack Monday was the latest of a string in France and Britain.It was the second terror attack this month in the British capital.France remains under a state of emergency imposed after the November 2015 attacks in Paris, when Islamic State jihadists slaughtered 130 people in a night of carnage at venues across the city.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE