In the Jan. 28, 2017, file photo, U.S. President Donald Trump speaks on the phone with Prime Minister of Australia Malcolm Turnbull in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The first 50 refugees to be resettled in the United States under a contentious agreement with Australia will be notified within days that they will be leaving the Pacific island camps where they have languished for years, the Australian prime minister said Wednesday.Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said the first wave of around 50 refugees kept by Australia on the impoverished nations of Nauru and Papua New Guinea would soon be notified that they had been accepted by the United States."President Trump had some reservations about it, but nonetheless, he is honoring the commitment made by his predecessor and I want to thank you for doing so," Turnbull told the Seven Network.Turnbull sad he did not know how many more refugees that the United States might take.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE