Britain's Foreign Minister Boris Johnson gestures during a press conference in Bratislava, Slovakia on September 26, 2017. (AFP / VLADIMIR SIMICEK)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
British Foreign Minister Boris Johnson said a transition period from the European Union after Britain's exit from the bloc in March 2019 must not last more than two years.In an interview with The Sun newspaper ahead of the ruling Conservative Party's annual conference next week, Johnson also said the transition period should be under existing arrangements and ruled out paying for future access to the EU single market.Earlier this month, some of Johnson's cabinet colleagues said he was "backseat driving" on Brexit after setting out his vision of the UK's future outside of the EU days before a key speech by Prime Minister Theresa May.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE