An Afghan boy is treated at a hospital following an airstrike in Dashti Archi district of Kunduz province northern Afghanistan, Monday, 2, 2018. (AP Photo)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Villagers in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz said they had buried dozens of victims of an air strike on a Taliban controlled district, in an incident the United Nations described as "disturbing".Sayed Jaan, a resident of the district of Dasht-i Archi, said he participated in two mass funerals of almost 40 people, adding that others followed Monday's bombing by the Afghan Air Force (AAF).On Monday, the Taliban said the strike killed 150 religious scholars and civilians and denied the presence of any of its forces.Last year, more than 10,000 civilians died or suffered injuries in Afghanistan over the war between its Western-backed government and militant groups, down 9 percent from the previous year, a UNAMA report showed in February.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE