A World Health Organization (WHO) worker administers a vaccination during the launch of a campaign aimed at beating an outbreak of Ebola in the port city of Mbandaka, Democratic Republic of Congo May 21, 2018. REUTERS/Kenny Katombe/File Photo
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The World Health Organization assumes 100-300 cases of Ebola in Democratic Republic of Congo between May and July, under a revised response plan to the outbreak that it published on Tuesday.Congo's Health Ministry said late on Monday there had been 54 cases of Ebola in the outbreak -- 35 confirmed, 13 probable and six suspected -- and 25 deaths.The WHO's plan for Congo assumes each rural Ebola case would have 10 potentially infected contacts and each urban case would have 30 . As of May 26, there were 906 contacts being followed, WHO spokesman Tarik Jasarevic said.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE