Members of Sydney's Islamic community hold a candlelight vigil for the victims of the Peshawar School attack, December 18, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Australian police late Thursday searched several properties across Sydney, reportedly as part of a ongoing counter-terrorism investigation but not related to the deadly cafe siege earlier this week, officials said.New South Wales police said the raids were unconnected to the 16-hour standoff at a Sydney cafe on Monday that left the lone gunman, self-styled Islamic preacher Man Haron Monis, and two hostages dead, but would not provide further details about the operation.On Monday, a 25-year-old man was arrested as part of ongoing investigations into plans for an attack on Australian soil, the federal police said.A 22-year-old already facing a charge of preparing for a terrorist act was also charged with funding terrorism.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE