Barcelona players pose for a team photo with the Joan Gamper trophy after defeating Leon following the Joan Gamper trophy friendly soccer match at the Camp Nou in Barcelona, Spain, Monday, Aug. 18, 2014. (AP Photo/Manu Fernandez)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Barcelona have lost an appeal against a decision to ban them from the transfer market for two consecutive windows, football's world governing body FIFA said in a statement Wednesday.As a result, Barca, who were found guilty of breaching rules on the international transfer of under-18 players, will be banned from registering players during the next transfer window in January as well as the 2015 summer window, FIFA said.FIFA also rejected Barcelona's appeal against a fine of 450,000 Swiss francs ($493,637) and requirement that it regularize the situation of all the minor players concerned within 90 days, the governing body said.FIFA, which did not give any further details of which rules had been broken or which players were involved, allows the international transfer of under-18 players in only rare circumstances.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE