Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Mistakes have been made in organizing and communicating the benefits of the 2014 World Cup, but Brazil will still put on a "fantastic" tournament in June and July, Deputy Sports Minister Luis Fernandes said Wednesday.Fernandes said it should not have been assumed that the benefits of staging the tournament in Brazil were evident to all and lessons had been learned for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.Fernandes played down the prospects of more unrest during the monthlong tournament and guaranteed safety and security for an estimated 600,000 foreign fans and 3 million Brazilians who are expected to travel to watch the 64 games of the competition.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE