Dembele remains suspended from team training until further notice as he agitates for a move to Barcelona.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Dortmund suspended Dembele indefinitely on Aug. 10 when the 20-year-old boycotted training in protest after the German club rejected an initial bid from Barcelona.However, Dembele has a Dortmund contract until 2021 and reports claim the Germans want 130 million euros for the player they paid just 15 million euros to Rennes last year for.However, German daily Bild claim they have told Barcelona that they have until this Sunday to meet Dortmund's price.Dortmund's stance with Dembele is a warning to any of their top players who might be tempted by big-name clubs.Germany's head coach Joachim Loew says Dortmund are taking the correct stance over Dembele.With Liverpool chasing Dortmund's U.S. international Christian Pulisic, Borussia must show their players who's boss, Hoeness added.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE