Clement became the sixth Premier League manager sacked this season when Swansea City ended his one-year tenure.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The so-called "new manager bounce" often accompanies a club parting ways with a manager and hiring a new one as demonstrated this month with West Ham United's resurgence under David Moyes after he replaced Slaven Bilic.Chaudhuri says 75 percent of the managerial bounce is down to luck with the other 25 percent to do with fixtures, players returning from injury and a lift in spirits in dressing room.He says clubs who stick with a manager through a bad match find that the bounce effect occurs without any change in the man at the top.According to statistics compiled by the 21st Club for Europe's five biggest leagues, clubs earned 0.8 points per game in the eight games prior to a managerial sacking, compared to 1.2 points in the subsequent eight.The new manager bounce has certainly had a big impact this season with Crystal Palace, Leicester City and Everton, like West Ham, all enjoying an upturn in results since appointing Roy Hodgson, Claude Puel and Sam Allardyce respectively.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE