Race driver Fernando Alonso, of Spain, steers his car during a practice session at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Wednesday, May 3, 2017, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Indianapolis 500 is the tightest of tightropes but Fernando Alonso will take the dangers in his stride when he makes his debut this month, according to three-time winner Dario Franchitti.Speaking to reporters at the McLaren factory, Franchitti saw the risk of serious injury as less of a concern for the 35-year-old Spaniard who has started 276 grands prix and is no stranger to accidents.McLaren Technology Group executive director Zak Brown said his driver had already had two big crashes with McLaren in Formula One.Franchitti, who won the Indy 500 at the fifth attempt in 2007 and then in 2010 and 2012 while taking the IndyCar title four times, said learning how to race at close quarters on anti-clockwise ovals was the biggest challenge.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE