Some players said they would like to go irrespective of what the league decided.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The International Olympic Committee has expressed its regret that the world's best ice hockey players will miss next year's Winter Games after North America's National Hockey League opted against participation in Pyeongchang.The Pyeongchang Winter Games will take place in South Korea from Feb. 9-25 next year.Unhappy over the prospect of shutting down their season for almost three weeks, the NHL had been seeking major concessions from the IOC, including recognition comparable to that of an Olympic top sponsor, for taking part.The decision will impact almost every major hockey-playing nation with the Swedish, Finnish, Russian, United States and Canadian teams almost entirely comprised of NHL representatives.However, some players have said they would like to go to the Games irrespective of what the league had decided.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE