Kvitova is not expected to be able to grip a tennis racket for at least three months. (AP Photo/Jean-Francois Badias,file)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova will need at least six months' rest after her left hand was badly cut in a home invasion, the doctor who carried out her operation said Wednesday.A spokesperson for Kvitova estimated that the world No. 11 would not even be able to grip a racket for at least three months while she recovered after fighting off a knife-wielding burglar at her home in the eastern Czech town of Prostejov."She's young, in good health and has long, skinny fingers," Kebrle said, adding that the surgery "went very well, with no complications" before providing an optimistic outlook for Kvitova's recovery.The former world No. 2, who helped her country win a fifth Fed Cup in six years last month, will miss January's Australian Open and the French Open from May 22 until June 11, while her participation at Wimbledon in July remains uncertain.Just hours before the attack, Kvitova had pulled out of the Hopman Cup in Perth starting on Jan. 1 due to a stress fracture in her foot.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE