Lebanese soldiers and UNIFIL peacekeepers survey sites attacked by Israeli shelling in the Shebaa region of southern Lebanon, Oct. 8, 2014. (The Daily Star/Mohammed Zaatari)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Hezbollah's military operation against an Israeli patrol in the occupied Shebaa Farms earlier this week sparked further controversy Thursday, with March 14 officials saying that the state should have the exclusive decision of war and peace.Responding to comments by Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil in which he backed the operation, Future Movement MP Ahmad Fatfat said it was the obligation of the state only to defend Lebanese territories. In remarks to Al-Akhbar published Thursday, Bassil said that Hezbollah's attack on the Israeli patrol Tuesday, which wounded two soldiers, was justified under the government's policy statement. Bassil said the attack came in response to an Israeli violation in which a Lebanese soldier was wounded days earlier by Israeli fire from the same area where Hezbollah planted the bomb in the Shebaa Farms.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE