Hezbollah supporters carry the coffin of fighter Mohammed Shouaib during his funeral in the southern village of Toul, Monday, July 24, 2017. (The Daily Star/Mohammed Zaatari)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The offensive on the outskirts of Arsal saw renewed advances by Hezbollah Wednesday as attention turned toward a looming deadline for negotiations with Jabhat Fatah al-Sham.The three Hezbollah fighters were captured in Syria in 2015 and 2016 and appeared in a video put out by Jabhat Fatah al-Sham Tuesday.On the sixth day of fighting, the death toll stood around at least 25 Hezbollah fighters and more than 150 militants since the start of the battle, the source said.However, the advance is expected to slow after Hezbollah Secretary-General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah said during a televised speech said that he had issued strict orders for the fighters to take all precautions to limit casualties, even if it came at the expense of a hasty advance.Hezbollah's Al-Manar TV reported that Jabhat Fatah al-Sham's Chief of Operations Omar Wardeh was killed after being hit by gunfire from Hezbollah forces.Hezbollah fighters also targeted Jabhat Fatah al-Sham fighters as they tried to infiltrate into Tlal which had been seized by the group Tuesday.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE