An image grab taken from al-Manar TV on May 14, 2018, shows the leader the Lebanon's Shiite Hezbollah movement Hassan Nasrallah giving a televised speech at an unknown location on May 14, 2018. "AFP PHOTO / AL-MANAR"
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah said Monday that Israeli forces were attacked in the occupied Golan Heights for the first time since 1973 last week.Israel had said only 20 missiles were shot down or did not reach their target in last Thursday's attack, and that the strike from Syrian territory was carried out by Iran's Revolutionary Guard.Israel said it had attacked nearly all of Iran's military infrastructure in Syria in response to the attack, which marked the first time Iranian forces have fired at Israeli-held territory.According to Nasrallah, Israeli media had reported fear among the residents of the Golan and northern Israel and that they were opposed to any new war.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE