British troops with Peshmerga forces take part in training in Erbil, Iraq, March 17, 2016. REUTERS/Azad Lashkari
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The United Nations said Thursday it was concerned that many of the 35,000 people recently displaced by fighting in Iraq's Anbar province were still very close to the front lines.The U.N. said 53,000 people had already been displaced in Anbar province this year prior to the latest wave in the Hit area.According to the International Organization for Migration, 44 percent of the more than 3.3 million people displaced in Iraq since the beginning of 2014 are from Anbar.The statement said only 9 percent of the $861 million the U.N. and its partners requested in January to provide emergency relief to 7.3 million vulnerable Iraqis had so far been received.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE