Ukrainian servicemen drive armored vehicles along a road as they patrol the Donetsk region August 18, 2014. REUTERS/Valentyn Ogirenko
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Ukraine on Monday accused pro-Russia separatists of killing dozens of civilians in an attack on a convoy fleeing a besieged rebel-held city. The rebels denied that any attack took place, while the U.S. confirmed an attack but said it did not know who shelled the convoy.Fighting between government troops and pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine has forced nearly 350,000 people to flee their homes, according to the United Nations.The road where Ukraine said Monday's attack took place had been targeted previously by government forces, Purgin said.Fighting across eastern Ukraine has forced nearly 344,000 people to flee their homes, according to U.N. figures released Friday.The over 200 trucks from Russia, now parked in a Russian field by the border, have been watched with suspicion by Ukraine and the West, especially since Ukrainian forces have been winning back significant territory from the rebels in the last few weeks.The International Committee of the Red Cross, which is expected to take responsibility for the Russian convoy when it enters Ukraine, said on Monday it was still waiting for security guarantees from all sides for the mission into eastern Ukraine.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE