Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Tourists and Barcelona locals tentatively returned to Las Ramblas Friday morning for a subdued stroll down the leafy boulevard, a day after a van attack filled it with fear and bloodshed.Barcelona's city authorities said extra police had already been deployed to Las Ramblas before Thursday's attacks and security was constantly under review.Gally Battat, 24, an American who lives near the area and was a few streets away from where the attack took place, said he had last week noticed that there were no bollards on Las Ramblas and other areas that would be likely targets for a car attack.Jose Moya, who has worked as a florist on Las Ramblas in Barcelona for the past 30 years and whose stall narrowly escaped being hit by the van in the attack, said Friday he wished police had put more thought into how to protect the area.However, authorities in Catalonia said attacks like Thursday's were hard to prevent.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE